Since she was a little girl, Sara only wanted two things- to become a mother someday, and help other mothers and babies. This desire to support mothers and babies led her down the path of becoming a doula, lactation consultant and perinatal massage therapist. Working with moms and babies in these avenues was deeply fulfilling and inspiring, but a nagging feeling of, “what’s next?” or “what else?” never left. Sara knew she had something deep to bring forth into her work with moms and babies but wasn’t sure what it was. It took being diagnosed with infertility and poly cystic ovarian syndrome at age 29 for Sara to go on a healing journey that would change her life and change the work she felt called to bring to the world. For the first time in her life, Sara allowed herself to connect to her womb space, tune into the inner guidance residing in her womb space, feel the power of ritualized work to the Goddess and feel herself as the Fertile Goddess that she is. It is with these deep lessons Sara has learned and the path she has walked, that the spirit of her work is offered.
About Sara Jacobsen
The Nitty Gritty
- Majored in Women Studies at Mills College. Wrote senior thesis on menstruation.
- Birth doula training with DONA (Doulas of North America) and became certified doula with DONA.
- Birth doula training with Samsarah Morgan of Nia Birth Professionals.
- Post Partum doula training and certification with Cornerstone Doula Trainings.
- Swedish massage training with McKinnon Institute of Massage.
- Prenatal and Post Partum massage training and certification with McKinnon Institute of Massage, Mahriah Blackwolf at Alive and Well and Carole Osborne Sheets of Body Therapy Education.
- Lactation Educator training with Evergreen Perinatal Education.
- Lactation Consultant education with UCSD Extension.
- Become IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant).
- Volunteered with breastfeeding HIV+ mothers in South Africa.
- Studied anatomy, physiology, microbiology, patho-physiology and pharmacology at College of Marin and Concordia University’s Nursing School program.
- Midwifery education with Elizabeth Davis of Heart and Hands Midwifery.
- Herbal Apprenticeship with Kathi Keville.
- Graduate of the Honeyroot School for Feminine Embodied Leadership.
- Lead women’s temple with the Nevada City Women’s Temple.
- Initiated into the Mysteries of the Goddess Yemaya.
- Certified in Mercier Therapy Gyno-visceral Manipulation for Optimal Fertility October 2017
- Attendance at Institute of Women’s Health and Integrative Medicine Preconception, Fertility, Pelvic Floor and Endometriosis Conference, October 2017
- Featured Speaker and Attendee at PCOS Conference November 2017